- View Native American artifacts, historic guns, photographs, and paintings by regional artists.
- Located in Billings, just 1 hour from Red Lodge.
- Admission fees: $5/Adult, $3/Senior and Students, $1/Child.
- The Western Heritage Center is open year-round, Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 am – 5 pm.
- For more information, call: (406) 256-6809.
The Western Heritage Center strives to preserve and share the history of the culture and inhabitants of the Yellowstone Valley and High Plains region, including areas from eastern Montana to western North Dakota and into northern Wyoming.
The center is one of six accredited Montana museums with thousands of artifacts, fine art, textiles and more on display for visitors, exhibiting a diverse range of material and information that serves to tell the story of this fascinating region. Native American pieces, historic guns, western tack and textiles, photographs, and paintings provide a glimpse into the past.
With a museum store, available guided tours, and fun activities for kids, The Western Heritage Center is a Billings’ must-see destination.
The Western Heritage Center is located in Billings, less than 60 miles from Red Lodge.
- Directions from Red Lodge: Follow US-212 N out of Red Lodge for 43.5 miles and merge onto US I-90 E towards Billings, continuing for 11.4 miles. Take exit 446 onto I-90-BL and continue .7 miles before merging onto I-90-BL E. Continue 3.4 miles. The Western Heritage Center is on the right. Street Address: 2822 Montana Avenue, Billings, Montana 59101
Mail: Western Heritage Center, 2822 Montana Avenue, Billings, Montana 59101
Phone: (406) 256-6809
The Western Heritage Center is open year-round.
- Tuesday – Saturday
10 am – 5 pm
- Closed Sundays, Mondays and Holidays.
- $3/Student or Senior
- $1/Child (under 12)
*Free for members.
During the summer, enjoy a weekly walking tour of downtown Billings while listening to stories and interesting tidbits, hosted by the Western Heritage Center, and led by a local historian. Call (406) 256-6809 for more information.