- Experience the life of a well-to-do family during a guided tour of this turn-of-the-century mansion.
- View furnishing, furniture, and other artifacts in the museum.
- Moss Mansion is located in central Billings.
- Admission fees: $10/Adult, $7/Senior, $6/Youth.
- Moss Mansion is year-round, with tours operating daily.
- For information, call: (406) 256-5100.
For those who’ve always wondered what it was like to live as a wealthy individual during the early twentieth century, now’s your chance to quell your curiosity when you take a guided tour of Moss Mansion.
Located in Billings, Moss Mansion Historic House Museum was once the home of Preston Boyd Moss, an accomplished banker, and his family during the early 1900s. Designed by New York architect, Henry Janeway Hardenbergh, (architect of the Waldorf Astoria and Plaza Hotels) a tour of this impressive sandstone mansion gives visitors a glimpse back into time.
Learn about Moss’ family and view household artifacts including exquisite furniture, Persian carpets, draperies and more as a guide takes you room to room in this glorious home.
Tours generally run for 1 hour and 15 minutes, and don’t forget to stop in the gift shop to purchase your a souvenir.
Moss Mansion is located in Billings, just 58 miles from Red Lodge.
- Directions from Red Lodge: Follow US-212 N out of Red Lodge for 43.5 miles and merge onto US I-90 E towards Billings, continuing for 11.4 miles. Take exit 446 onto I-90-BL and continue almost 3 miles before turning left onto I-90-BL/Division Street. Moss Mansion is .3 miles down the road, on the left.
Street Address: 914 Division Street, Billings, MT 59101
Mailing Address: Moss Mansion, 914 Division St, Billings, MT 59101
Phone: (406) 256-5100
Fax: (406) 252-0091
Moss Mansion tours run daily, with the following general seasonal hours:
- September through May
Tuesday – Sunday, 1pm-4pm
- June through August
Tuesday – Saturday, 10am-4pm
- $7/Senior (62 and up)
- $6/Youth (6-17)
- Free/Child (5 and under)
*Reservations requested for group tours.
**Special rates for school groups also apply.
- Moss Mansion is wheelchair accessible.
- Visitors will find available parking on Yellowstone and Clark Avenues.
- Moss Mansion, a 33-page booklet, is available for purchase from Billings Preservation Society. ($9.95 plus shipping)
- Visitors may also order their own personalized brick.