- View historic artifacts and fine art at the Yellowstone Art Museum, Western Heritage Center, and Yellowstone County Museum.
- Step back in time at Moss Mansion, Pictograph Cave State Park and Pompey’s Pillar.
- Attend a play, concert, sporting event or convention.
- Visit Parmly Library or tour one of two college campuses.
The community of Billings, Montana prides itself on its tourism industry. Here you’ll find more than enough activities and attractions to fill your vacation itinerary. The Billings, Montana “Things To Do” list features historic museums, homes and landmarks, entertainment venues including theaters and the MetraPark complex. Montana State University and Rocky Mountain College offers some of the finest higher learning opportunity in the region, and outdoor attractions such as Pictograph Cave State Park and Pompey’s Pillar provide visitors with spectacular natural scenery as well as information.
This 185-acre campus houses a multi-facility complex of entertainment venues, including a horse track, auto arena, and convention center, featuring big name musicians and events on offer year-round.
- Location/Contact: 308 6th Avenue N in Billings; (800) 366-8538.
- Hours: Open year-round; hours vary by event.
- Cost: Variable by event.
Alberta Bair Theater
Attend a Broadway show, see a play, enjoy a music concert, or bring your children to a performance just for kids.
- Location/Contact: 2801 3rd Avenue, in Billings; (406) 256-6052.
- Hours: Open year-round; hours vary by performance.
- Cost: Average ticket prices range from $5 - $58.
Pictograph Cave State Park
View cave drawings that date back more than 4500 years and see hundreds of ancient artifacts discovered at the site.
- Location/Contact: 6 miles southeast of Billings; (406) 245-0227.
- Hours: Open daily; 8 am – 8 pm Memorial Day – Labor Day; 10 am – 7 pm from April 15 – Memorial Day, and Labor Day – October 15.
- Cost: $4-$5 per vehicle; $1 per bus passenger.
Yellowstone Art Museum
Featuring contemporary artwork as well as historic pieces from regional and international artists; photographs, ceramics, jewelry, furniture, and a range of exhibitions and permanent collections are on display.
- Location/Contact: 401 North 27th Street, in Billings; (406) 256-6804.
- Hours: Open year-round, Tuesday – Sunday. (T, W & Sat 11 am – 6 pm; Th & F 11 am – 8 pm; Sunday 11 am – 4 pm).
- Cost: $5/adult, $4/senior, $3/child or student, $10/family.
Shop until you drop at this large regional mall, with department and chain stores, local shops, movie complex, restaurants, and entertainment for kids.
- Location/Contact: 300 S 24th Street W, in Billings; (406) 656-3206.
- Hours: Open year-round; Monday – Saturday 10 am – 9 pm; Sunday Noon – 6 pm.
Billings Visitor Center
Get all your travel and tourist information for your next Rocky Mountain vacation.
- Location/Contact: 815 S 27th Street, in Billings; (800-735-2635.
- Hours: Open year-round; Memorial Day – Labor Day, 8:30 am – 5pm, Sunday Noon – 4 pm.
See how wealthy families lived in the Rocky Mountain region during the turn of the 20th century when you visit this historic home.
- Location/Contact: 914 Division Street, in Billings; (406) 256-5700.
- Hours: Open seasonally, with guided tours running daily.
- Cost: $7/adult, $5/senior or student, $3/child.
This sandstone butte is situated along the Yellowstone River and bears the inscription of Captain William Clark (Lewis and Clark), offering great views of the valley.
- Location/Contact: 25 miles east of Billings; (406) 875-2400.
- Hours: Open daily, from early May through mid October.
- Cost: $7/vehicle, $100/bus or group.
Rocky Mountain College
Students may choose from a range of undergraduate, graduate, and pre-professional degree programs, as well as participate in NAIA athletics and other extra-curricular activities.
- Location/Contact: 1511 Poly Drive, in Billings; (800) 877-6259.
- Hours: Open year-round.
- Cost: Variable.
Western Heritage Center
View thousands of historic artifacts and fine art pieces in this regional museum and information center.
- Location/Contact: 2822 Montana Avenue, in Billings; (406) 256-6809.
- Hours: Open year-round, Tuesday – Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm.
- Cost: $5/adult, $3/student or senior, $1/child.
Snap a photograph of your favorite animal, including Grizzly Bears, eagles, tigers, and wolves, and walk through lush botanical gardens.
- Location/Directions: 2100 S Shiloh Road, in Billings; (406) 652-8100.
- Hours: Open daily, year-round. May 1 – Sept. 24, 10 am – 5 pm; Sept 25 – April 30, 10 am – 4 pm.
- Cost: $6.25/adult, $4.25/senior, $3.25/child.
Montana State University (Billings)
One of the premiere higher learning institutions in the eastern part of Montana, here students can select from a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as partake of a number of athletic, extracurricular and research activities.
- Location/Contact: 1500 University Drive, in Billings; (800-565-6782).
- Hours: Open year-round.
- Cost: Variable by degree.
Yellowstone County Museum
Discover the pre-history of this region and view artifacts and exhibitions highlighting Montana’s mining and western frontier culture, including museum sections devoted to the area’s natural landscapes and wildlife.
- Location/Contact: 1950 Terminal Circle, in Billings; (406) 256 – 6811.
- Hours: Open year-round; Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 am – 5:30 pm (closes at 4:30 pm in winter).
- Cost: Free. (Donations accepted.)
Parmly Billings Library
Settle into a chair with your favorite book, bring your kids in for fun library activities, or work on a research project in this state-of-the-art library.
- Location/Contact: 501 North Broadway, in Billings; (406) 657-8258.
- Hours: Open daily; Monday – Thursday 10 am – 9 pm, Friday 10 am – 6 pm, Saturday 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday 1 pm – 5pm. (Closed Sundays during summer and on holidays.)
Billings Clinic provides top of the line medical care for all-comers, with an Emergency and Trauma Center, 272-bed hospital, Neonatal intensive care and other specialty care units.
- Location/Contact: 2800 10th Avenue North, in Billings; (406) 238 – 2500.
- Hours: Open year-round.
Billings Lodging and Real Estate
Whether you're looking for one night’s rest at a hotel or motel, or planning on relocating to the Billings area, hundreds of lodging facilities and real estate companies can be found here, ready to help you find comfy temporary accommodations or a new three-bedroom home for your family.