- Joliet is located 27 miles north of Red Lodge, on US-212.
- Fish, boat, camp, swim and hike at Cooney Reservoir State Park.
- Cast a dry-fly, nymph or streamer into the Clarks Fork.
- View old buildings and artifacts at Clark's Fork Valley Museum.
- Joliet features lodging, dining and service station.
Joliet is a picture of small town Montana, offering great recreational opportunity, with a thriving community of people providing services and amenities for everyone from visitors just passing through to those looking for a serene place to relocate.
Joliet, MT is 30 minutes north of Red Lodge, on US-212.
Lodging – Stay at a local motel or try a campground or RV location.
Dining – Enjoy a meal at the drive-in, or one of the cafes or family restaurants.
- Gas Stations
Hike down the trails at Cooney Reservoir State Park.
Launch your boat at Cooney Reservoir or try river fishing the Clarks Fork.
Take a peaceful drive down one of many scenic roads traversing green hills, meadows and forests.
Cooney Reservoir State Park
Enjoy water activities including boating, fishing, and swimming, as well as hiking and camping.
Clark's Fork Valley Museum
Take the short drive to Fromberg and explore the museum and old depot, including an original homesteader's cabin. (Open between June and September.)
Directions from Red Lodge: Travel north on US-212 for 27 miles.