Zoo Montana in Billings
Bring the entire family to Zoo Montana and enjoy a fun-filled day as you view lush botanical gardens and native and exotic animal species in state-of-the-art exhibits, plus many activities for kids.
- Located in Billings, MT, Zoo Montana features both native and exotic plant and animal species.
- See Grizzly Bears, Gray Wolves, Red Pandas, and Siberian Tigers.
- $7.95 for adults, $4.95 for children, and $5.95 for seniors. For group and tour rates, call (406) 652-8100
- Zoo Montana is open 7 days per week, year-round.
- For more information, call: (406) 652-8100.
Situated in southeast Billings, Montana, just off I-90, Zoo Montana is home to native and exotic animal species who share similar climates and habitats with the local area. Featured animals include Grizzly Bears, wolves, tigers and bald eagles.
Additionally, Zoo Montana features botanical gardens housing native plants as well as plants from similar latitudes in Europe and Asia.
Plants and animals flourish in state-of-the-art exhibits, where everyone from children to seniors can experience these species up close and personal, or by enjoying a guided Zooper Tour.
Educational programs and summer camps are offered for children, and the Zoo Montana complex includes a playground, picnic area, nature shop, amphitheater, concessions, and more.
Zoo Montana is located in Billings, approximately 1 hour (58 miles) from Red Lodge.
- Directions from Red Lodge: Follow US-212 N out of Red Lodge for 43.5 miles. Merge onto US I-90 E towards Billings and drive 9 miles before taking the Zoo Drive exit (443). Turn left onto Zoo Drive and follow for less than a mile before taking the second exit onto S Shiloh Rd. Street Address: 2100 S Shiloh Rd, Billings, MT 59106.
- Mailing Address: 2100 S Shiloh Rd, Billings, MT 59106
- Ph: (406) 652-8100
- Fax: (406) 652-9281
Billings’ Zoo Montana is open year-round, 7 days per week.
- Summer Hours
May 1 – Sept. 24
10 am – 5 pm
- Winter Hours
Sept. 25 – April 30
10 am – 4 pm
* Admissions closes 1 hour prior to grounds closing.
- $4.95/Children (3 – 15)
* Group and tour rates available. Call: (406) 652-8100.
As a private, non-profit organization, ZooMontana relies upon grants and generous visitor and member donations. Help support the zoo by making a single donation, become a member, or attend a Zoo Montana event, such as the monthly Wild Wine Walk or Zoofari, the annual dinner and auction.