Yellowstone Art Museum
Explore the exhibitions and permanent collections of Yellowstone Art Museum, including historic photographs by L.A. Huffman, contemporary paintings and objects in the Montana Collection, abstract art, jewelry, furniture, and more.
- Permanent collections feature the works of Will James, L.A. Huffman, and hundreds of objects in the Montana Collection.
- Yellowstone Art Museum is located in central Billings, 61 miles from Red Lodge.
- Admission Fees: $5/adults, $3/children and college students, and $4/seniors.
- Open Tuesday through Sunday, year-round.
- For more information, call: (406) 256-6804.
Located in Billings, Yellowstone Art Museum features diverse collections of contemporary artwork as well as historic pieces from well-known regional artists.
Permanent collections include western paintings by Will James, photographs by L.A. Huffman, and hundreds of paintings, prints and objects within the Montana Collection. Featured collections include woodcut prints by Edith Freeman and current exhibitions showcase pieces by well-known artists flourishing in their particular crafts.
Museum special events include an annual art auction and summer fair and visitors wishing to support the museum can become members or may contribute a one-time donation.
Parking lots are located on the north and east sides of the building, and museum services include wheelchair access, restrooms and concessions at the YAM Café and Lounge.
Yellowstone Art Museum is located in the heart of Billings, Montana, just over an hour’s drive (61 miles) from Red Lodge.
- Directions from Red Lodge: Follow US-212 N out of Red Lodge for 43.5 miles. Merge onto US I-90 E towards Billings and continue 15.7 miles before taking the MT-3/27th Street exit (450). Turn left onto MT-3 N/S 27th Street. Yellowstone Museum is located 1.6 miles down the road, on the right. Street Address: 401 North 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101.
- Mailing Address: 401 North 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101
- Ph: (406) 256-6804
Yellowstone Art Museum is open year-round, Tuesday through Sunday.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday
10 am – 5 pm
- Thursday and Friday
10 am – 8 pm
11 am – 4 pm
- Closed Mondays
- $3/Children (6 - 18) and College Students (with ID)
- $12/Family (2 adults; up to 3 children)
*Free for Members and Children under 6.
**Discounted rates available for group tours and Doscent Second Saturdays.
Guided museum tours are available as well as educational classes and workshops for both children and adults.
Share Your Thoughts
- Billings Activities
- Billings Lodging
- Billings Real Estate
- MSU Billings
- Rocky Mountain College
- Billings Clinic
- Metra Park
- Zoo Montana
- Rimrock Mall
- Alberta Bair Theater
- Pompey's Pillar
- Yellowstone Art Museum
- Moss Mansion
- Western Heritage Center
- Pictograph Cave Park
- County Museum
- Parmly Library
- Billings Visitor Center